Improve your Google rankings for the keywords that matter to increase sales of your courses and memberships.
Search engine optimisation, also known as SEO, is a marketing channel that helps increase your website’s traffic by ranking it higher on organic search results.
More people could find your products and courses through SEO without your company spending money on paid ads. Here are the key SEO practices you can implement to make your LMS website rank higher on Google:
- Conduct keyword research. It will help you identify the terms you’d want your content to rank for. There are many tools to help you achieve this. Ahrefs, SEMRush and Moz are a few examples of such tools.
- Optimise metadata. Metadata is the title and descriptions you see on every search result. The main goal of the titles & descriptions is to provide an overview of your page before clicking on it. That’s where optimising your metadata can help search engines and people better understand your content, which as a result, will affect your ranking. Don’t jam too many keywords in your descriptions; incorporate them into your copy in a natural and easy-to-read way.
- Write high-quality content. Seo-optimised content has a better chance of showing up on the search engine result page (SERP). When your target audience finds high-quality content, they’re more likely to trust your expertise and eventually buy your online course or other digital products. In addition, search engines like google are getting better and better at detecting and understanding content; thus, if your content adds value and is well-positioned, you could increase your chances of ranking higher on google.
- Make your website mobile-friendly. Many people use their phones to scroll through social media and the web. Google also uses a slightly different weighting system to determine your ranking on mobile devices compared to desktop. That’s why you’d need to ensure your website is responsive, fast loading and passes google’s core web vitals. A slow website with bad UX would have a tough time ranking on mobile SERPs (Search engine result pages).
- Use inbound marketing techniques. Providing sample lessons with free content might boost your SEO. When a course is hidden behind a paywall, search engines don’t see it. However, publicly available sample lessons will boost your SEO and help lure new customers in.
- Don’t forget to get technical. The technical aspect of your SEO is as important as writing good content. If your website has numerous issues left unattended, it could result in low ranking and increased cost of your SEO campaign. Therefore, conducting periodic audits could
The main advantage of using SEO for promoting your online course is that it raises the visibility of your eLearning website, as it helps people find it easier. When you grow the traffic to your website, there is a better chance of converting new prospects into paying clients. Increased brand awareness is another great benefit you can get from using the best practices of SEO.