Assessments can be created to challenge learners as they go through different modules to demonstrate their skills through practical application. This also can be used to test their understanding of theory with various assignments, reports or essays.
A typical assessment management feature allows you to:
- Build assessments, quizzes, tests, and tasks into the course structure
- Set up access for collection and assessment of turned-in submissions (for example essays, case studies, plans, or any other proof of applied skills)
- Allow learners to upload their essays, and allow instructors to download them for review
- Set scores, hints, correct and incorrect messages for each question
- Create unique personalised certificates that have names, dates and photos included and share them with your learners as they pass threshold
You can also set up knowledge checks before commencing training, to determine the learners’ expertise in each topic. The advantages you are getting from tracking assessment scores include:
- Personalisation. Assessments allow creating personalised training according to individual capacities and capabilities.
- Meeting users’ needs. Learners have the opportunity to continue their learning when they’re actually ready. Those who need more time and help for better understanding can have a chance to practice further to solidify their knowledge.
- Better accountability. The users constantly receive feedback on their progress, which drives more accountability and ownership.
The assessment management tool is an important aspect of every online course, as it ensures a better learning experience and more user engagement.